Monday, July 11, 2011

FBS # 2: Hot Foot Powder




I have changed the order around and decided to leave Goofer dust for the very last post as it will be a subject that will require some depth to cover. So this time we are focusing on Hot Foot Powder.

Hot Foot Powder is a traditional Hoodoo mixture used to remove an unwanted person from your life, home, neighborhood, or city. When "this town isn't big enough for the both of us", it's time to Hot Foot. Sometimes when dealing with enemies it is best to drive them far away where they can do no more harm. To make this powder you will need:

Red Pepper

Chili Powder

Sulfur

Black Pepper 
Cornstarch Base
If you ingredients aren't already powdered you can use a mortar and pestle to grind them or if your lazy like me a coffee grinder. I used my grinder for the black and red pepper for this powder. Just set it to fine and you should be good to go. Once all of the powdered ingredients are ready to go you:
Add The Ingredients to Your Cornstarch Base

Mix Thoroughly

Hot Foot Powder Mixed Completely

Store In An Airtight Container
When my mother taught me to make powders it was the same way as when she cooked. So I couldn't tell you any exact measure measurements. I pretty much measure in handfuls and keep adding until it is the correct color and smell that I am looking for, If it's clearing your sinuses then you are on the right track, Trust your gut. There are many ways to deploy this powder. One the most traditional is through foot track magic. You would sprinkle it in the path of the person you wish to effect there you know they will walk. Make sure that you are waking backwards when you lay a powder like this or risk hot footing yourself!

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Why the cornstarch?

Brother Ash said...

It's really just used as a base to stretch out the ingredients and make a larger quantity of the powder. I have also seen rice flower and talc used. Honestly if you are making your own powder in a small amount for a working, just the powdered ingredients would be enough.

Anonymous said...

Can you put the powder on the grass next to the person's mailbox? The powder would probably wear off their shoes by the time they got back to the front door of their house, though. Does that make any difference? Thanks.

Brother Ash said...

You can certainly place the powder there. If you know for a fact that that they will step there. If you can't deploy in their path, or on their property, it can e be used in a spell bottle that is thrown in river so that it is carried away.

Unknown said...

Why the chili powder. The recipe I was given substitutes salt and a dash of hotsauce.

Brother Ash said...

Honestly any element that is red and represents heat is fine. I prefer all solid or powdered ingredients for my powders so I wouldn't use hot sauce personally. The addition of the salt seems odd to me as it usually used to break up crossed conditions not cause them. I say all the time, Conjure and southern cooking are a lot alike. Everyone has a different recipe, but the end result is all that matters.

Criss said...

Hello,.... I have been trying to get rid of this dude that seems made my house his!!!
Don't want any arguments so here I am... the question is: How do I cleanse the place after he left ( after he stepped in the powder? remember I live here too!
Please reply .... Thank you

Brother Ash said...

A good washing of the floor could do the trick. There are plenty of washes that you can make, but simply adding a cap full of ammonia and maybe a pinch of salt to some mop water could do the trick. Couldn't hurt to smudge the whole house with some sage once he is gone as well.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great ... Thank you for the reply!

Anonymous said...

Can u sprinkle it around a apartments mailbox to get rid of some people or it have to be that person you want to get rid of.

Brother Ash said...

You sprinkle it anywhere that your intended target(s) will step. Just make sure that you specify who those targets are. But it would be better in my opinion to sprinkle it in front of their apartment.

Traci Paynter said...

Where can I purchase the sulfer?

Anonymous said...

Where can I get the sulfer?

Brother Ash said...

You cn get the sulfer/brimstone at just about any place that seels conjure supplies online. I buy it from a local shop.

Unknown said...

I have a question about the sulfur. Can I use the sulfur dust they sell at Home Depot? It's for use in gardens to prevent mildew and mold on your garden plants. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Lilly-Miller-1-lb-Garden-Sulfur-9605060/202817770

Unknown said...

Can I use the sulfur they sell at Home Depot? It is called Sulfur Dust and it's for use in gardens.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Lilly-Miller-1-lb-Garden-Sulfur-9605060/202817770

Anonymous said...

Can any of these ingredients be replaced? I know I can use cayenne pepper, but can I replace sulfur? and what can I replace it with

Brother Ash said...

Off the top of my head I cannot think of a substitute for sulfur. Is there another material that you personally associate with infernal powers?

Anonymous said...

You can get sulfur at a compounding pharmacy.